Why you will love it!
These oatmeal raisins cookies are so healthy you can serve them for breakfast! The bananas, oats and raisins offer a healthy dose of fiber, the quinoa flour and almond butter provide a protein boost and rest assured there is no refined sugar. Make a double batch and freeze leftovers for future use. This kid-friendly, perfect on-the-go “cookie” will satisfy your sweet tooth.
*note: this recipe is inspired by and adapted from Minimalist Baker.
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ cup quick rolled oats
- 3/4 cup quinoa flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ baking powder
- ½ cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a large bowl, mash bananas.
3. Add almond butter, baking powder, baking soda, avocado oil, maple syrup, salt, vanilla and stir.
4. Add oats, quinoa flour and mix well.
5. Fold in raisins.
6. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to harden.
7. Drop cookies by spoonfuls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
9. Store in airtight container to keep fresh for a few days. Refrigerate or freeze for longer storage time.