Why you will love it!
Muffins, when made right, can be a great snack or perfect on-the-go breakfast. These muffins have 2 cups worth of vegetables from the carrots and spinach. They power your body with fiber, antioxidants and phytonutrients. The banana serves as natural sweetener and is also a great prebiotic food to support your gut health. Make a batch (or two!) and enjoy. Don’t forget you can freeze leftovers.
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1.5 large bananas
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup gluten free 1-to-1 flour (can substitute for whole wheat flour)
- 1.5 cups quick rolled oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
*Please note these muffins have no added sugar. If you prefer a sweeter muffin, I would suggest adding ¼ cup of maple syrup. I've enjoyed this muffin topped with butter and manuka honey.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12-count muffin pan with paper liners (I use silicon muffin liners.)
2. Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. I use the Vitamix.
3. Scoop out batter with spoon and fill muffin cups ¾ full.
4. Bake for 20 minutes and let cool for 5 minutes